Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Why is Time-lapse Photography Cool?

Time-lapse photography is a particular way to capture an event that is unlike any other photographic method.  With time-lapse, you get to see things that you would never see with your own eye unless you were the Buddha himself.  For example, you do not have the attention span to sit and watch a piece of ice melt into water.  You wouldn't be able to stare up at the stars long enough to see that they move around a fixed point in the sky or sit long enough to watch a seed grow into a plant.  The human brain is too easily distracted to watch this stuff happen, but it does happen and it's beautiful.

Here's a rainbow.

 

One thing that I like about time lapse photography that makes it different from other forms of photography is the ability of the photographer to actually enjoy the scenery he is shooting.  When I do my time lapse shots, I set up the camera and then walk away.  I take the time to look at whatever it is I am shooting, like the ocean, or stars, and just enjoy it for what it is.  With regular photography, this is difficult to do because you have to constantly carry around your camera and make sure you get just the right angle and when you sit to relax with normal photography you're stressed because you don't feel like you're getting anything done!  With time lapse you can sit and relax and know that you're getting some sick shots while enjoying the very thing you are shooting.  It's a win, win, win.

Here's an ocean.



Another thing I like about time lapse photography is that a good time lapse video always has good music.  I am a half-assed musician, but I like listening and playing music.  Time lapse allows me to not only make videos of cool shit like the stars and clouds but also make music to go with it.

If you keep following me, you'll find my future videos will include original music.  I can't promise that it will be any good.  I can, however, promise that it will be made with love.

Here's a bunch of stuff. 



keep it real

No comments:

Post a Comment